Fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screen Error
In this digital era, almost everyone owns a PC, and the number of Windows users among them is high as compared to other desktop OS. The latest version of Windows is Windows 10, and Microsoft has added many useful features in this version. While it is said to be the last version of Windows and the most advanced too. But still there are many problems with Windows 10 too, and one of them is Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen error. If you are using Windows for a long time, then you might have faced blue screen error of death error in Windows 10. This is one of the most common and irritating Windows errors which restarts your computer without any warning or notification.
An unsaved change gets lost, and including unsaved files and data. So you should consider it as a serious issue and recently we have got messages regarding DPC watchdog violation Windows 10 Nvidia errors. This error is caused mainly because of SSD drive of your system and sometimes because of outdated iastor.sys drivers. Many other reasons might be there, but they are still unknown and usually, this error 0x00000133 is caused by SSD drivers failure. So if you are the one who is looking for how to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error, then you have landed on the correct page. Here in this post, we are going to tell you about what is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen along with the possible DPC_Watchdog_Violation fix.
- Read About: Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error In Window
DPC Watchdog Violation error code 0x00000133 might be caused because of long-running Deferred Procedure Call (DPC). Not only Windows 10, but some users have reported DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 8.1 error too. Hardware failures or software compatibility with your system is another reason why you get DPC Watchdog Violation stop code. Whatever is the reason, this page shows possible ways of how to Fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error in Windows 10. By following below methods you’ll be able to Windows DPC Watchdog Violation fix without software or formatting your PC. So, let’s get started.
- 1 Fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screen Error
- 2 How To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows
- 2.1 Method #1. Update Firmware of SSD: Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog_Violation
- 2.2 Method #2. Turn off Fast Start-Up To Solve DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error
- 2.3 Method #3. Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- 2.4 Method #4. Use BlueScreenView To Find Out Windows DPC Watchdog Violation Cause
- 2.5 Method #5. Update Chipset Driver To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows 10
- 2.6 Method #6. Solve Error Code 0x00000133 Using DISM Tool
- 2.7 More Ways To Solve DPC Watchdog Violation Error 0x00000133
- 3 Final Words
What Is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows Error?
Before telling you how to solve DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error in Windows 10, you must know about what is DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a Windows error which might be caused by unsupported or out-dated SSD firmware or drivers respectively. Moreover, some hardware incompatibility and corrupted software/system files may cause Windows DPC Watchdog Violation startup error.
Sometimes third-party programs may not be compatible with the newer version of Windows 10, so you may get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error 0x00000133. That’s why we have mentioned all working methods to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error on Windows 10/8.1/7.
Symptoms and Causes of DPC Watchdog Violation Stop Code 0x00000133
- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error appears with BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).
- STOP Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is displayed.
- Programs keep crashing with error 0x133 on Windows.
- Your computer froze for some seconds, DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 10 Nvidia.
Fix Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error
- Error 0x133 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
- RAM corruption: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.
- Damaged or removed system files can also result in Watchdog violation Windows 10.
- Virus or malware infection on Windows system may also cause error code is 0x00000133.
How To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows
As we said earlier that there are many ways to fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation error on Windows. Windows DPC Watchdog Violation problem can be caused by several reasons, so it is not possible to identify it on the first go like xVideoServiceThief 2018. Moreover, it doesn’t matter what is causing this problem, you can fix it by following the methods mentioned below.
Method #1. Update Firmware of SSD: Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog_Violation
If you are using solid-state drive (SSD) on your computer, the first thing you can do to fix this error is to download the latest firmware version of SSD. You can easily download the latest version of SSD drivers from manufacturer’s website. Doing so will help you to solve Windows 10 stop code DPC Watchdog Violation. This may also cause Windows 10 Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage problem. If you don’t know about the manufacturer, then you can follow below steps to do it in an easier way.
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open a RUN box, and type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. You can also right-click on Start Button and select Device Manager.
- Now expand Disk Drives and select your SSD you are using from the list.
- Right click on it, and select Properties.
- Now check out the type of SSD you are using including the model number.
- You can visit the manufacturer website to find out if there is any new version of firmware available, if yes, then download it and update for your SSD.
Method #2. Turn off Fast Start-Up To Solve DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error
- Right click on Start Button and select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, open Power Options settings.
- Now on the left side, you will see an option “Choose what the power button does” click on it.
- You will be taken to a new page, where you can see settings related to Power Buttons and power of your device.
- By default these settings will be disabled, so you will have to click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable” and they will be available to modify.
- Simply scroll down and uncheck the option that says “Turn on fast startup”.
- Finally, click on Save changes and restart your computer to make changes to it.
- If you are facing Windows DPC Watchdog Violation startup error this doing this will solve your permanently.
Method #3. Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
Another working DPC_Watchdog_Violation fix is using the System File and Check Disk Checker command. You can run this command in CMD to check if there are any issues with your disk or system. To do this just follow the below steps:
- First of all press Windows Key + X or right click on the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type the following in the cmd and hit enter:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (If above fails then try this one)
- Wait for the above process to finish and once done restart your PC.
- Next, run CHKDSK from here Fix File System Errors with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK).
chkdsk c: /f /r
- Let the above process complete and again reboot your PC to save changes.
Method #4. Use BlueScreenView To Find Out Windows DPC Watchdog Violation Cause
Whenever you get DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 error or another version of Windows, then a minidump file gets created automatically. This file gets stored in C:\Windows\Minidump folder and you can use it to view the diagnostics information or use best websites to bypass online surveys. The same information is available in Event Viewer tool of Windows too. Though if you don’t know how to check and use them, you can download BlueScreenView from Nirsoft.
This software is very easy to use and you just need to download and install it. This program will look for minidump file automatically and show you the result. You can click on the file name to check what is creating DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD error. Then you can look for ways to solve DPC Watchdog Violation problem as you already know what is DPC Watchdog Violation error and the reason behind it.
Method #5. Update Chipset Driver To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error In Windows 10
If you have upgraded your Windows computer from Windows 7, or Windows 8, 8.1 to Windows 10, then you might get Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen error. You can also get some Working Zbigz Premium Account from this blog. This error is caused mainly by iaStorA.sys driver which is not compatible with Windows 10 version. So you may need to update your chipset drivers to fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation 2017. Here’s how to do it:
- First of all press Windows Key + X or right click on start button and select Device Manager.
- Now a new window will open, you just have to find and expand the option IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Right click on Standard SATA AHCI Controller and select Properties.
- Now to be sure that you have selected the correct controller driver, just click on Driver Details.
- You will have to check whether iaStorA.sys is listed there or not. If yes, then you have selected the correct driver.
- Simply, go back to the Properties tab, and click on Update Driver button.
- A new window will pop-up with options to update driver, simply select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Finally, select Standard SATA AHCI Controller from the list and click on Next.
- Restart your computer and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 Nvidia error will be solved.
Method #6. Solve Error Code 0x00000133 Using DISM Tool
- First of all press Windows Key + X or right click on the start button.
- Now select Command Prompt (Admin), a confirmation box will appear on your screen, just click on Yes.
- Now you will be taken to CMD window, just paste the following command in the window and press enter.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth3
- Now DISM command will run, and wait for the process to get finished.
- If your system is not able to run to above command to fix then you can try running below two commands:
- Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess
Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows with the location of your repair source (Windows Installation or Recovery Disc).
- Finally, restart your system to make changes.
More Ways To Solve DPC Watchdog Violation Error 0x00000133
Above mentioned ways are working for DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 10 2017 error but there are many old Windows users as well. If you are among them then you can try below basic methods to fix DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 7 and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 8.1. These include ways to get rid of this error easily without any assistance. You can also try them to solve DPC_Watchdog_Violation server 2012 error.
- Read About: Punjab National Bank Internet Banking
Method #7. Re-install Display Drivers In Safe Mode
Display drivers can also cause this blue screen watchdog violation problem in Windows, so you need to re-install your display drivers. To fix the problem of DPC watchdog violation error, the first thing you’ll need is latest display drivers of your device. You can easily download the correct drivers from the manufacturer website and install them manually.
Do note that you will need to boot your PC in safe mode so that other useless services and apps won’t start with Windows. Once you have downloaded your display drivers, just follow below steps:
- First of all press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box and type msconfig in it and press Enter.
- Now a new window will pop-up on your screen.
- Just navigate to Boot Tab and under Boot Options, tick mark on Safe Boot option.
- Select the Network option and click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, click on Restart button to restart your computer and make changes to it.
- Your PC will now restart in Safe Mode. So just open Device Manager.
- Now locate Display Adapters and expand it.
- Now select the Display adapter you are using and choose the option to Uninstall.
- A confirmation box will appear on your screen, just tick mark Delete the driver software for this device, and click on OK.
- Now you will need to restart your computer in normal mode and re-install your display drivers manually.
Method #8. Check Hardware Compatibility
External devices and hardware can be responsible for Error Code 0x00000133. So if you have some hardware devices connected to your PC like external hard disk or USB flash drives then you can try disconnecting them for once and check if the problem still persists or not. You can keep your keyboard and mouse connected from GeekShared.
If you stop getting Watchdog violation Windows 10 error then try plugging devices one at a time and restart PC after connecting each device. If you get DPC Watchdog Violation after connecting the certain device, then you can try replacing that device or update it drivers so it can be compatible with your version of Windows.
Method #9. Check Software Compatibility
If you have got starting watchdog initializing DPC Watchdog Violation error recently, then it might be a software problem. You can try to reflect if you have made changes to your PC recently. It is possible that recently installed software or program is causing this error.
If you are not sure about which program is giving stop code DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 10, then you can try doing the system restore. Do note that doing System Restore will take your PC to a previous stage and may lose some recently installed apps or software. But this is definitely a working Windows DPC Watchdog Violation fix.
DPC Watchdog Violation code 0x00000133 can be easily solved by following the above-mentioned ways. Do note that if you have recently installed any program, then try uninstalling it because that might be causing Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen error. Though there are many more methods to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 8.1, above-mentioned ways works best among them like best root apps for Android.
If you know about how to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error and working methods then do let us know about them via comments below. Those who are facing DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 7 problem can also use above ways to fix it. If still, you are not able to fix this error, then you can search DPC_Watchdog_Violation YouTube for easier fixes.